Even Security Guards Get It: Part II

Last month I posted a piece on the simplicity of employee recognition…the power of thanks. It was inspired by an unlikely source – a security guard named Fred Wesley. I promised an interview with him and I finally got around to putting the following together. It has been my great pleasure knowing Fred and he has a powerful reminder for us all…thanking your employees isn’t really that hard, yet it wields great power.

7 Responses to Even Security Guards Get It: Part II
  1. Even Security Guards Get It | HR Fishbowl
    December 11, 2010 | 2:46 pm

[...] See Part II – Video Interview with Said Security Guard, Fred Wesley [...]

2. Benjamin McCall
    December 11, 2010 | 7:16 pm

nice. what did you use to edit your video?
    Benjamin McCall´s last blog ..Drinking the Kool-Aid Job Security versus EngagementMy ComLuv Profile

3. Charlie
    December 12, 2010 | 8:30 am

ben – i just used flipshare. simple – not a lot of functionality. if i do more of this – and it’s kind of fun – i’ll need to find something else. hope you’re well!

4. Angela Hayward
    December 13, 2010 | 8:28 am

I am very proud to call him my brother…great job!

5. Anita Amos
    January 4, 2011 | 5:56 pm

Although I never knew his name, I am not surprised Fred is being recognized for his work ethic and encouragement of others. His enthusiasm and good humor has brought a smile and laugh to many people!

6. Lis lisa Jackson
    January 11, 2011 | 2:01 pm

He is Awesome! He makes my day! He’s always saying something encouraging! We need that in the workplace!

7. Carolyn Ferguson
    January 14, 2011 | 8:58 am

I am so happy that Fred is receiving recognition for the cheer and the smiles that he provokes from the face of so many as we leave work and even when we enter the building to start our day. He encourages us when leaving with good job and with arriving the best workers in the United States of America. Who does want to hear that on occasion but we get to hear it whenever Fred is on duty. I love it and look forward to seeing him.